Saturday, June 5, 2010

Twisted Bargello



I have returned from Germany visiting family and friends. It was mighty cold and rained from time to time, I think I saw the sun shining through some clouds 4 times.
Back in Australia I was also greeted by clouds and heavy rain. But today the sun came out and ahh so beautiful to see it shine. This is Australia for you, the rain never lasts long.
Whilst in Germany I had the chance to take some photos of the quilt that I made for my Mum's 70 birthday, which is coming up in December this year.
My son took the quilt over last year after it was finished. Why wait to give this colourfull quilt, it was an early birthday gift and much appreciated during the heavy snowfall and cold winter nights this year.




The quilt was my first major project and is easy to make, believe it or not, the hardest thing was choosing the colours. The pattern was given to me by a friend and written by Chris Timmins from Grafton Australia.
Hope you enjoy looking at the quilt and if you like a pattern please let me know, I can get it for you.
That's all for now, wishing you all well and take care 

No comments: